Tuesday, April 6, 2010

after becomes before

In November 2009 I wrote a post ...and I'll never do that again! showing the "before & after" photos of the renovation.  Unfortunately I didn't even think of taking the real before photos showing it as a dilapidated restaurant and inn so the "before" photos are actually the "during" photos.

Never mind all that because the fire has changed everything. Well, not everything the "during" photos stay the same but the “after” renovation photos have become the “before” the fire photos and the “after” the fire photos will become the “before” photos for the renovation to come! Complicated non?!


It is easy if we just look at some photos.

The house



....way before I bought it








When I bought it


....after new windows, doors, shutters and roof


During the you know what

And this after photo becomes the before photo

Going through these photos have brought back all the blood, sweat and tears that went into the five years that it took us to renovate the house.

 And, Samantha Alexandra and I lived in it during it all!

and Raggy!

With both Alexandra and Samantha at college next year




at least they won't have to live thru it again! 

And I am not quite if I will be up to it! Oh, no, I'm going to get maudlin.....now where is that French therapy....?



Kristi Anderson is the orignal owner of Tea and Tattered Pages and until February 6, 2010 ran a bed and breakfast near Orléans.
kristi anderson
le saint jacques le coin perdu
15, place de l'église
45240 Ligny le Ribault
TheAmericanFrog@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment